Yup, they taped ears and a curly tail to their oblivious baby sister to make her into their pet pug. Nice. (Incidentally, cheapo tape sticks surprisingly well to baby hair - you know, in case you ever need to stick something to a baby.) To give them an outlet for our, um, their pug obsession, we went to visit Purl this afternoon at Mosaic so I could also look for a shawl pin because I finished the Diamond Shawl listed in the side bar-woohoo! It felt so nice to finish something and wear it-the last 50 million things I've knit have been gifts (and/or are unfinished) and while gifts are lots of fun, making something to keep out of yarn I really like (as opposed to what would be good for someone else) is just really nice sometimes. I will post pictures tomorrow-too tired to fiddle with the camera tonite. I also bought some yarn (in Clematis) to make these. I'm excited because I LOVE to knit mittens-kind of like other people love to knit socks-and they are a little different than most convertible ones out there-plus it's so freakin' cold I need more mittens to wear with my mittens!!!!
Here's what my kids did the other day :
SO, I'm jumping on the "Things About Me" Bandwagon so here goes:
1. I don't really love chocolate that much and if given a choice will always choose vanilla (sacrilege, I know)
2. I do not like wet bits of water on things (and if there is also any sort of fuzz involved in the wetness, shudder)
3. My hair is naturally curly and I spent most of my growing up years trying to straighten it
4. I don't drink alcohol because I honestly really do not like it (bonus: I remember college)
4a. I have never been drunk
5. I dated a guy for 6 1/2 years but we never got engaged-my husband and I only dated 3 months before getting engaged (when you know, you know-do not waste your time with losers)
6. I really like clear things and used to only buy clear products (soap, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc)
7. I really don't like the words "moist", "panty", or "pus" (and do NOT put them all in one sentence to try and gross me out-it's been done before)
8. I love soda with an embarrassing passion-it used to be just Coke, but it has grown into anything fizzy, diet or regular (nowadays mostly diet, though)
9. I really love french fries and cheeseburgers and would choose them over chocolate any day of the week (I know, I know....)
10. I have a tattoo of a ladybug on my back.
11. I hate winter and cold and my favorite season is Spring
12. I have a Golden Retriever and a Russian Blue cat and used to have 2 pugs-but I WILL have another some day!!!!
13. I am terrified of heights.
14. I used to Rock Climb and was oddly not afraid of heights while climbing and rappelling
15. I usually stay up till at least midnight every night and have a really hard time going to bed
So, there you have some peepholes into the life of Jody the Knitter! Exciting, aren't I??