Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Sunday, February 25, 2007
I did this:
It is my Peekaboo Mittens from the winter issue of Magknits. The mittens have basically a giant buttonhole on the palm for your fingers to peekaboo! right out of as necessary. I really love this pattern-it's fun, fast and completely brilliant! Convertible mittens without all the bulk, hassle and ugliness of a separate flap. I would never have thought of it but it makes perfect sense. And the purple I chose makes me very happy-it is a very rich purple, like royalty-you know, because I'm on track to become royalty. Oooh! Plus I bet I could do that queen wave pretty well with these things-just pop! out goes my queeny little fingers to my adoring fans and pop! in it goes to be snuggled in woolly loveliness out of the cold as I ride along in my royal carriage pulled by beautiful Arabian horses...OK, so it's more likely to be pop! out go my dry, cracking , desperately in need of heavy duty lotion fingers to get out a baby wipe, diaper, barf bag (Thing 2 gets carsick VERY easily), tissue, answer the cell phone on my 57th trip to go pick something/someone up for something/someone else, zip a jacket, put in the Things' favorite CDs while on the 57th errand trip and then finally realize when thinking "My hands are SO cold! I hate driving all over the place in the Winter!" that I can just pop! them back in again, usually when I pull in the driveway at the end of the marathon errand run and don't need mittens on anymore anyway. That is beside the point-I still love these mittens and may make another pair after these with some fancy sort of fiber in the super-soft baby alpaca or cashmere family or maybe some of the new Sublime that is overflowing in Blacksburg. Oh, the possibilities!!
Well, I'm off to finish mitten number 1 and loaf out on the couch looking at this for awhile:
Friday, February 23, 2007
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
SO, I'm jumping on the "Things About Me" Bandwagon so here goes:
1. I don't really love chocolate that much and if given a choice will always choose vanilla (sacrilege, I know)
2. I do not like wet bits of water on things (and if there is also any sort of fuzz involved in the wetness, shudder)
3. My hair is naturally curly and I spent most of my growing up years trying to straighten it
4. I don't drink alcohol because I honestly really do not like it (bonus: I remember college)
4a. I have never been drunk
5. I dated a guy for 6 1/2 years but we never got engaged-my husband and I only dated 3 months before getting engaged (when you know, you know-do not waste your time with losers)
6. I really like clear things and used to only buy clear products (soap, toothbrushes, shampoo, etc)
7. I really don't like the words "moist", "panty", or "pus" (and do NOT put them all in one sentence to try and gross me out-it's been done before)
8. I love soda with an embarrassing passion-it used to be just Coke, but it has grown into anything fizzy, diet or regular (nowadays mostly diet, though)
9. I really love french fries and cheeseburgers and would choose them over chocolate any day of the week (I know, I know....)
10. I have a tattoo of a ladybug on my back.
11. I hate winter and cold and my favorite season is Spring
12. I have a Golden Retriever and a Russian Blue cat and used to have 2 pugs-but I WILL have another some day!!!!
13. I am terrified of heights.
14. I used to Rock Climb and was oddly not afraid of heights while climbing and rappelling
15. I usually stay up till at least midnight every night and have a really hard time going to bed
So, there you have some peepholes into the life of Jody the Knitter! Exciting, aren't I??