My Etsy Shop!

>

Saturday, July 28, 2007

I'm a Survivor

Just....barely.............awake....

I made it through the yard sale-after getting to bed at 1:30 a.m. the night before and waking up at 3:51 a.m. listening to the sounds of a monsoon and laid awake praying the tarps were covering everything they needed to cover. Then I was up at 6:15 trying to look awake after my 3ish hours of sleep and got almost everything uncovered and dried off when folks started arriving. So much for 8 a.m....... However, all's well that ends well and between my sister and I we made a little under $400-and most of it was mine so woohoo!

I'm off to knit for a few precious minutes if possible before completely falling asleep on the sofa-if I even make it to the sofa. Perhaps I'll just lie right here on the floor and go to sleep right now. Tomorrow's my birthday so I'll need my rest for all my HUGE plans!! (when did birthdays start consisting of shopping for school supplies for my kids, cleaning the bathrooms and working in the church nursery? I wanna go back to being 7 or 8......) I'm not so sure tonight is the night to work on my MS3 stole-remember, as the old saying goes, friends don't let friends knit lace when they are stupid tired (ok, so it's not that old of a saying, I just made it up right now-but it COULD be old, you know, eventually).

Hope all of you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice haul for not wanting to have a garage sale! I can relate to your feelings about having a garage sale--I would rather have almost any medical or dental procedure done than get ready for and clean up after a garage sale. Selling the stuff and talking to folks during the sale is kind of fun, but I find the before and after to be close to torture.
Joanne

Vouray said...

"Do Ya Have any tools?". A sentence most commonly heard continuously at yard sales.

cate said...

Thank you for your kinds words. Glad you made some money. catie