My Etsy Shop!

>

Monday, June 25, 2007

In My Mind I'm Goin' To Carolina

Can I go back? I have returned home only to be faced with a mountain of unpacking, a dog that has forgotten that going potty is an outdoor activity, a gastrointestinal disturbance that nearly killed me, and of course, my period. Welcome home, Hilt family, welcome home.

I LOVED being at the beach-we had great weather and got to do all of our favorite things-bike rides, beach, pool, eat, shop, eat some more. Thing 3 ate the requisite amount of sand and got sand in EVERY available crevice (and even some unavailable ones) and the older girls got to go on a pony ride so they had a blast. I didn't get tons of knitting done because I honestly just didn't feel like it and for us, vacation is completely a "have a good time" time so we don't really do much that we don't want to do that week. (Ok, well, I don't really WANT to change diapers and cook dinners or make sure everyone is sunscreened constantly and clean sand out of cracks but there are some limits to the "it's vacation!" justification clause, particularly for Mom) I did do a lot of reading about knitting and reading my knitting mysteries though so it was like I knit vicariously through that. I also made some plans for my retirement to Hilton Head and where on the island I will open up my yarn shop and how I will make a killing off of all the richie golf widows-mwah hah hah hah!! It's all coming together....can I retire at 35?

Anyway, I've got to go change a diaper, do more laundry, get to more unpacking and take some advil. Big day!

6 comments:

Leslie Shelor said...

Yes, coming back from vacation can be a big let-down. But I'm glad you all had so much fun!

Vouray said...

I need to know where you stay in Hilton Head...I need a vacation that works.

jody said...

As far as I'm concerned anywhere in Hilton Head works!! but I can tell you details if you want-we're pretty happy w/ our most recent place-I'll come in this week and we'll talk beach!!

hey pat said...

can't you see the sunshine?...
so glad y'all had a good vacation! i loved looking at all the pictures...have a great day and hey to the things for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Jody. I know what you are going through. I use to hate coming home. It's more work then getting ready to go away. Glad you are back and that you had a relaxing time. You need your strength for all the unpacking!!!

cate said...

We look amazingly similar! Welcome back! We will be going to the beach in a few weeks. Ocean Isle with DH's entire family and it is quite large *sigh*, it's not so bad now because I'm not nursing anymore. The 'boob' issue was horrible.

Hang in there with the bleeding.