My Etsy Shop!

>

Monday, September 3, 2007

Cheap Cheap!

What a week I've had! It has been a bargain hunt extravaganza and I love it! First, I found a GREAT new shop just 10 minutes away called The Upscale Attic which is an upscale consignment shop for home decor and furnishings-LOVED IT!! It was set up so nicely, the owners are really friendly, they had great things and the prices were reasonable-pricey a bit because the things they had were really nice but not at all "expensive just to be expensive", make sense? But, they had a"Bargain Basement" backroom in which I got 2 of these beautiful wooden Windsor chairs for 12 DOLLARS EACH! And the gorgeous crewelwork pillows on the chairs are also from there and only 8 DOLLARS!! Hello?!? I love bargains!! Speaking of bargains, next stop was the sale at Mosaic where I scored gorgeous yarn for a Christmas present (which shall not be shown since the recipient lurks about from time to time), 2 SUPER CUTE books, also for Christmas gifts galore for the Things and all the cousins (there are many-we're a disturbingly fertile brood): and got more than enough of this yarn for next to nothing (75% off!!): to make this sweater, which I love and hope to be able to finish in just a few days. Then, I got a brand new pair of Birkenstocks on eBay (love me the eBay!) for seriously little cash-they may not be the fanciest shoes in the world but they are so stinkin' comfortable that I really do not care-I'm over fanciness as a shoe requirement at this stage of my life!! Plus, they show off handknit socks so nicely in the Fall and Winter (yup, I even wear 'em with socks, it's true!) so it's a double bonus. Last but certainly not least, albeit a bit gross and will be limited to possibly once a year or less, was my grocery store bargain where we got smoked turkey legs on mega sale because it was the first HOKIES football game-we won!!-which we had for supper and Thing 1 thought was hilarious, mostly because they were as big as her head: Whew! All this hunting has worn me out! I'd best go lie around and do nothing for a bit, except maybe some knitting of course. Gotta get a move on all those Christmas gifts....

PS-I am fully aware of the absurdity of knitting things for Barbie but if you saw the ADORABLE patterns and the excitement on the Things' faces about the possibility of Mommy's handknits for their dolls, you would've caved, too-just sayin'.

4 comments:

Bel said...

You are the shopping woman! And your girls were soooooo well behaved in the shop! They are dolls. It was great to see you...come visit again!!

Vouray said...

I need to go to that furniture place! Love the chairs and pillows!

Leslie Shelor said...

Oh, a new consignment shop! I'll be up there as soon as I can! The rest of your bargains sound awesome, too!

LauraRN said...

Such bargains!!!! And I do love me some Turkey Legs!