My Etsy Shop!

>

Monday, October 6, 2008

You Do The Hokie Pokie And You Turn Yourself About

I thought I'd give you a little glimpse into my life outside of adopting (like there is a life outside?? Sometimes it doesn't seem like it when you're in the middle of it!!) It was Homecoming this past weekend here in Blacksburg at Virginia Tech and we always love Homecoming weekend-it is the best parade all year (which really isn't saying much but we like our small town parades :) ) and the kids love it-they get tons of candy from all the sorority girls in the parade who "ooh" and "ahh" over how cute they are-b/c they do not yet have any children!!! Said sorority girls also walk the whole parade in stiletto heels so maybe they are a bit delirious-my daughter calls them the "shiny girls". Here are few pics from our weekend:
3 Hokie cuties!

Some of the Cadets in the parade (Thing 1 took this picture-not bad, eh?)
Aforementioned Shiny Girls (oh my feet!)


Yours truly serving up nachos at the Tech football game-my daughters' school operates a concessions booth at the stadium and I work most of the games-we get a portion of the proceeds--it truly is a FUNdraiser (haha, the cheese!)

There you have it, a Saturday in the life of a Hokie family during football season! My husband went to Virginia Tech and now works there as well and I went there for grad school so the Hokie blood runs thick in this house. Can't wait to make a Hokie out of our little Ethiopian sweetie!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like FUN and the girls are too stinkin cute!!

P.S. looks like some more movement for us!! :)

Jana said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, you look like a very nice food server! And your kids are perfect(you know from the outsiders view:)),love it! We'll have to borrow "shiny girls" from you.

Michelle said...

cute pics Jody